Sunday, May 10, 2015

People with Shadows (figure drawing) 3rd grade

Now that I have been moved to teach at only the Later Elementary for the remainder of the school year and have the kids twice a week, we are finishing projects much faster.  I needed a new project for my 3rd graders and I wanted it to challenge them for more than one art period. I found this on the internet and it was exactly what I was looking for. 

 

We started by drawing a person in pencil working together on each part to try to make it realistic.  Artists could draw themselves, a made up person, a famous person or a superhero. 
 
The person was then cut carefully out of the white drawing paper and laid face down on black paper. The kids traced with white colored pencil or crayon and then out the black shape as well.
 
After gluing down both the shadow and person on colored background, colored paper squares were added for a frame.  The kids did a great job and learned a lot about figure drawing.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment